I have tried many apps when it comes to tracking baby things. I have some breastfeeding and pumping only apps I love, but for an all around app which will track everything, and I do mean everything related to baby, Baby Connect is my number one favorite.
I have been using it since the birth of my first baby and it tracks it all. Feedings, diapers, milestones, vaccines, height and weight, sleep. There is also a diary which I used to lament sleep changes and try to make sense of them. You name it, it probably has it. Those are the main items I track, but I have dabbled in all the different categories over the years.
Another neat feature is that you can track multiple children. I have all three of mine in this app and it is a virtual baby book for me. When I didn't want to track everything on paper I kept it here and could go back and fill in a baby book later if needed (I still haven't gotten to this with baby number three oops!).
You can add caregivers, I have my husband and mom in there. You can download the data and save it to a spreadsheet. To say it is comprehensive is an understatement. Despite all this it's not confusing to use at all. It is intuitive and I never had to read directions or search for help.
Each of my babies had their image taken right after birth and uploaded to the app. I also wrote their birth stories right in the app while still in the hospital. I love having these memories to look back on.
For these reasons and more Baby Connect is my number one baby tracking app recommendation.
It is available for Android, iPhone, iPad and on the web. It syncs seamlessly between devices and users too.
From Baby Connect themselves, here are the features..wow!
- Easily track feeding (bottle, nursing, solid food), diapers, sleep, activities, mood, milestones
- Track pumping and expressed milk
- Track medicines, vaccines, sickness, weight, height, head size.
- Automatically synchronize data between accounts over the Internet
- Display graphical charts of the baby's activities
- Display growth charts with percentile comparison.
- Display all entries on a graphical Timeline view.
- Timer to track nursing duration. The last nursing side is indicated as a reminder.
- Timer to track naps, activities, feeding session, mood, ...
- Easy to use! Log entries with just a tap
- Easily view entries from current and prior days
- Email formatted reports to spouses, doctors and nannies/sitters.
- Email graphs,
- Email Excel-compatible .csv exports.
- Enter free-form notes
- Upload child photo, indicate birthday, blood type and allergies
- Track as many babies as you like, setup as many parents and caregivers as you like
- holds unlimited data
- Send entries to twitter
- More than 100 built-in activities descriptions
- Existing built-in descriptions can be customized, new descriptions can be added
- Display real time log of activities during the day
- Setup Push notifications
- Send your gps location, display the location on a map
- Track the average number and amount of sleep per day, and the longest sleeping session
- Track the average number of BM and Wet diapers per day.
- Track the average number, total and average amount of feeding and pumping per day.
- Track the number and average nursing duration per day.
- The application has been designed for maximum security. Everything is password protected.
- Free updates
- Customers support
- Unlimited number of children