We have two Amazon fire TV’s now thanks to cord cutting. Cord cutting is amazing and I am looking forward to writing more about it in the future. Amazon’s fire TV has been great, but the TV remote that came with it is tiny and slippery. We have also used Apple TV in the past and their TV remote is also tiny. I guess this is to keep it simple and atheistically appealing but those remotes get lost easily. Especially if you have little kids like mine who take them and then drop them somewhere, then act clueless when you ask where the remote went.
We have a giant sectional couch as well and our TV remote has been getting lost in the couch weekly if not more. I’ve spent months losing it, going without it a bit, then finding it and then going through it all again. This weekly occurrence has led to me cussing the TV, the remotes, and whoever I thought might have been the last person to lose it (I kid…sort of).
Once I finally had enough I got on amazon looking to buy a TV remote replacement and found remote covers that fit these tiny remotes perfectly. I can’t believe I didn’t know about these. I bought this one and I love it. Not only is it bright which makes it easy to see when dropped under couch, but mostly it’s not getting dropped anymore because the rubber cover is thick and gripping. This is the perfect solution to the missing remote problem. These can be bought for the Amazon Fire TV and the Apple TV and they come in many different colors and styles.
Here’s some information from the manufacturer:
Fintie CaseBot Silicone Case for Amazon Fire TV Stick Voice Remote, Compatible with Amazon Echo / Echo Dot Alexa Voice Remote – Honey Comb Series [Anti Slip] Shock Proof Cover
- Fit New 5.9 inch Amazon fire TV stick voice remote, previous generation 5.5-inch voice remote and Amazon echo/echo dot voice remote.
- Made of durable impact-resistant silicone. Excellent grip thanks to the rubber-like silicone material and honey comb pattern.
- Kids friendly and light weight, provides the maximum protection, anti-slip, anti-dust, shock proof and washable.
- Full access to all ports, buttons and functions, custom cutting on the case allows all functions of the remote are open for use.
- Available in a variety of bright and fun colors.
There are other brands available beside this one and while they might be fine too, I actually researched this company to make sure they are legit (yep, even on a cheap purchase like this).
I love this TV remote cover so much I am thinking about buying a few more to have when I want to switch out colors.
You can find it here and please let me know if you have any questions. Plus, tell me how do you handle the missing TV remote problem?